Renub Research has announced the addition of the "World Vaccines Market: Vaccine Segments Analysis, Vaccine Cases and Future Forecast" report to its offering
For decades vaccines were a neglected corner of the drugs business, with old technology, little investment and abysmal profit margins. Many firms sold their vaccine divisions to concentrate on more profitable drugs. This troubled public-health experts because vaccines are a highly effective way of dealing with diseases. Happily, a renaissance is under way. World vaccine sales vaulted from US$ 10.1 Billion in 2005 to US$ 23 Billion in 2009. Insurers and governments in the rich world have started to pay higher prices: firms making new vaccines against pneumococcal disease or the human papilloma virus earning rich dividends.
As growth in sales of vaccines has became higher than the traditional business all major pharmaceutical companies are eyeing the vaccine market as driver for their growth. Many mergers and acquisition have taken place in this space as consolidation has become the keyword for future growth. With companies consolidating they can focus better in the market and keep their profit margins high. Recently, pharmaceutical company Pfizer acquired Wyeth, Merck acquired Schering Plough and Sanofi acquired Shantha Biotechnics.
Earlier biggest market of vaccines used to be basic pediatrics. But now more or less it’s losing its pre eminence due to expiry of patents on drugs and inclusion of basic pediatrics in basic healthcare provided by government at grass roots level. The growth in the vaccine industry is coming from the sectors like Pediatric Proprietary vaccine and Pediatric Enhanced Combination. According to our research findings Pediatric Proprietary vaccine was having 27% market in 2009 and it is expected to increase to 32% by 2015. Due to rising fear of terrorism Bio- Bio-protection vaccine future is also shinning. The Bio-protection vaccines market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 12.08% percent from 2009 to 2015.
Market for Meningitis vaccine and Rotavirus vaccine has crossed US$ 1 Billion by 2009. Seasonal flu vaccine market is forecasted to be more than US$ 7 Billion by 2016. Vaccines like Prevnar (Pneumococcal vaccines), Gardasil (Cervical cancer vaccines) have crossed the sales of US$ 1 Billion by 2007. In fact Prevnar became the first vaccine to reach nearly US$ 3 Billion annual sales by 2009
In terms of number of cases Measles, Mums, Rubella, Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus cases have shown a decline continuously from 2001 till 2009. However, Yellow Fever is an exception to this whose number of cases has increased. Geographically US will continue to lead the vaccines market followed by Europe. Japanese vaccine market has also started to open up further from regulatory and political barriers.
World Vaccines Market: Vaccine Segments Analysis, Vaccine Cases and Future Forecast published by Renub Research talks about the vaccines market worldwide. This report gives the past, present scenario on the vaccines market and also forecast on future of vaccines market. Such as market size of Pediatric Combinations & Booster, Pediatric Enhanced Combination, Pediatric Proprietary, Travel & Endemic Vaccines, Other Adults (HPV, Zoster etc), Bio-Protection. In this report , we have also describes different diseases, vaccines market size and cases worldwide such as Hepatitis B, Pneumococcal, Cervical Cancer, Malaria, Ebola, Tuberculosis (TB), Japanese Encephalitis, West Nile, Typhoid, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea etc. The report also covered different companies market share in vaccines segment. The report also forecast the sales of the key vaccines brands like Gardasil, Fluzone, Prevnar, Cervarix, Infanrix/Pediarix, Hepatitis (Engerix/Fendrix, Havrix, Twinrix).
The report also focus on major geograghical market such as US, Europe, Japan, India, China, their past, present, future market. Major companies’ vaccines sales data for the year 2008 and 2009 are also there in the report. Major Acquisitions which were held in the past are also present in the report. The report has been researched at source globally and features latest available data covering:
• Worldwide Vaccine Market past, present and future Scenario
• Six Vaccine Market-By Sector depth Insight of past, present and future market
• Nineteen diseases vaccines market size
• Nineteen diseases; cases available worldwide are covered up
• Fourteen companies market share in vaccines segment are covered up
• Three major companies vaccines sales in 2008 and 2009
• Major geographical market such as US, Europe, Japan, China, India depth insight of past, present, future market
• Blockbuster vaccines depth insight past, present and future market
• Major acquisition in vaccines sector
• 7 vaccine sectors have been analyzed in this report (for details refer figure no. 4 below in Table of Contents)
• World vaccines market will cross the mark of US$ 40 Billion by 2015
• Pediatric proprietary vaccine market is the biggest vaccine sector with more than US$ 6 Billion market in 2009
• In 2009 four companies (GSK, Sanofi-Aventis, Wyeth and Merck & Co.) together controls 71% of the vaccines market worldwide
• Influenza vaccine market is expected to cross US$ 7 Billion market by 2015
• Bio-protection and Travel & Endemic vaccines market is expected to double by 2015 from their market in 2009
• US is the biggest vaccine market worldwide with more than US$ 10 Billion and its expected to lead the market till 2015
• Europe vaccine market is the second biggest market after US
• By June 2010 Europe experienced 350% rise in polio cases compared to 2009
• Japanese encephalitis cases has shown a decline of 12% in 2009 compared to 2008
• Malaria vaccine market for public is expected to cross US$ 400 Million by 2025
• Cervical Cancer vaccine market is forecasted to cross US$ 4 Billion mark by 2012 and there after its year on year growth will slowdown
• Prevner a Pfizer a product is expected to become the first vaccine to cross US$ 5 Billion mark by 2015
• 19 vaccines have been analyzed in the report (for details refer heading no. 6 below in Table of Contents)
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by Renub Research team of industry experts.
Primary sources include industry surveys and telephone interviews with industry experts.
Secondary sources information and data has been collected from various printable and non-printable sources like search engines, News websites, Government Websites, Trade Journals, White papers, Government Agencies, Magazines, Newspapers, Trade associations, Books, Industry Portals, Industry Associations and access to more than 500 paid databases.
Click here to view the report details: http://www.renub.com/report/world-vaccines-market-vaccine-segments-analysis-vaccine-cases-and-future-forecast-33
Sr. Manager – Publisher Relation
Sales & Marketing Div.
Phone: +1-678-302-0700 (USA) , +91-120-4219-822, +91-120-254-5750 (India)
ListFree.org: Embedded data.
|Contact us at :|
|Issued By:||Andy Hill|
|Street:||225 Kristie Ln|
|Phone:||+1-678-302-0700 (USA) +91-120-254-5750, +91-120-4219-822(India)|
|Tags:||Europe vaccine market, influenza vaccine market, Malaria vaccine market, Pediatric proprietary vaccine market, US vaccine market, Worldwide Vaccine Market|