For patients who need hip surgery, knee surgery, or any other orthopedic surgery, the goal is to relieve pain, restore independence, and return patients to work and other daily activities.
At Frank R. Howard Memorial Hospital (HMH), the Orthopedic Joint Center’s care team helps restore patients to a higher quality of living through education, medical care, surgery and recovery. For patients who need hip surgery, knee surgery, or any other orthopedic surgery, the goal is to relieve pain, restore independence, and return patients to work and other daily activities.
At the Orthopedic Joint Center of Northern California, they believe that patients play a key role in promoting a successful recovery. The goal is to involve patients in their treatment through each step of the program to promote a safe and successful surgical outcome.
In addition to the patient, the orthopedic team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, nurses and certified nursing assistants. Details—from pre-operative education to post-operative exercise—are considered and reviewed with each patient.
Each patient receives a comprehensive guidebook that includes helpful checklists to make sure they are prepared. For example, six weeks before surgery, patients are encouraged to do the following:
1. Contact your insurance company (surgeon’s office does this for you).
2. Pre-register at the hospital (hospital representative will call you or visit www.howardhospital.org and look for the button that says, “Pre-Register online Now.” Be sure to have the date and time of your surgery ready.)
3. One week before your Preoperative Medical Exam, be sure to obtain the lab and imaging tests ordered by your surgeon (written orders are given to you at the surgeon’s office).
4. Register for and attend a pre-operative class (a nurse coordinator will call you to schedule the class).
5. Review “Exercise Your Right” (handout)
6. Read “Anesthesia and You” (handout)
To learn more about Frank R. Howard Memorial Hospital’s Orthopedic Joint Center of Northern California, visit www.orthojointcenter.com.
ListFree.org: Embedded data.
|Contact us at :|
|Issued By:||Kristen Meadows|
|Street:||1 Madrone Street|